Applicability, Compliance & Planning Studies
- Ongoing operational compliance support
- Future compliance planning for GHG, transport rule, MACT, and NAAQS
- Input to air quality control equipment feasibility and specification
- Board of Public Utilities, Nearman Creek Power Station, Kansas City, Kansas
Sega provided senior level air permitting consulting services required for start-up and initial testing/compliance of a simple-cycle combustion turbine addition at an existing power generating station.
- Westar Energy, Jeffrey Energy Center, St. Marys, Kansas
Sega performed an applicability determination to assess whether a capital project would trigger air permitting requirements under New Source Review and New Source Performance Standards. Sega also drafted a letter for Westar to use in requesting approval from the KDHE.
- NV Energy/Sierra Pacific, Valmy Station, Valmy, Nevada
Sega created spreadsheets to assess whether there would be a significant emission increase resulting in a capital project at an existing facility, which considered future unit utilization and several NSR applicability methods (such as presumptive WEPCo and the NSR rules promulgated December 31, 2002).
- Independence Power & Light, Blue Valley Station and Missouri City Station, Independence, Missouri
This project involved developing a plan for compliance with the MACT requirements applicable to industrial boilers (40 CFR 63 Subpart DDDDD). Plan is for two existing coal-fired units at the Missouri City station and two units at the Blue Valley station. Plan also includes listing of requirements, schedule for activities for compliance, and compliance cost estimates.
- City of Ames, Iowa, GT2 and Units 7 and 8, Ames, Iowa
Sega provided on-going air quality compliance consulting services including a review of current and proposed air quality regulations, which impact current and future operations. This project addressed regulations in the Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR) and Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR).
- Independence Power & Light, Missouri City Station, Independence, Missouri
Sega developed a draft Compliance Assurance Monitoring (CAM) plan for an existing coal-fired facility and submitted the plan for review by MDNR.
- City of Chanute, Kansas, Plant 1, 2, and 3, Chanute, Kansas
Sega provided ongoing air quality services for two existing power generating facilities. Services include obtaining approval to replace continuous emission monitoring with a Low Mass Emitting (LME) alternative methodology for an acid rain applicable unit, obtaining revisions to certain monitoring, record keeping and reporting requirements, applying for and obtaining operating permit renewals, converting major source operating permits to synthetic minor source permits, and modifying a permit to change fuel use limitations.
- City of Winfield, Kansas, East 12th Street Power Plant, Winfield, Kansas
Sega provided ongoing air quality services include obtaining approval to replace continuous emission monitoring with a Low Mass Emitting (LME) alternative methodology for an acid rain applicable unit, applying for operating permit renewal, and providing strategic advice in implementing revisions to the emissions record keeping and reporting procedures.